Today I discovered that Stephanie nominated me for a Liebster award! The award is awarded to new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for having an interesting blog. I was so thrilled to be nominated by Stephanie so thank you very much!! (I know she will read this!) 🙂
The rules for the nominees are as follows –
- Create a post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
- Share 11 facts/interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you were given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 interesting questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
11 things to know about me…
- I have one bad habit – I eat ice-cubes!
- I research my family tree and am directly related to the ‘last cave-dweller in England’!
- I think Xavier Samuel and Johnny Depp are the most gorgeous men on Earth.
- I’m afraid of moths and anything else that flutters!
- I am a primary school teacher but if I could have any other job in the world I would be a detective.
- I have never broken a bone in my body (yet!)
- I’m a very fusser eater!
- I would love to visit Australia one day.
- I can speak, write and read French pretty well and I know the Russian alphabet! (Random, I know!)
- I am only 5ft tall.
- I LOVE horror films and have seen hundreds.
Answers to Stephanie’s questions…
1) What do you expect your life to look like in 2029?
I’ll be 44 in 2029 so I expect to be happily married to my now fiance and living in our dream house with a few more children.
2) If you could have dinner with a historical figure who would it be and why?
I would have dinner with Henry VIII and I’d quiz him all about Tudor history (my favourite period).
3) What is the most interesting/strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
I’m a very fussy eater so I’m afraid I’ve never been brave enough to try strange foods.
4) Tell about a nice thing that you’ve done for someone recently.
My nan, who is 70, has always wanted to learn more about the world but can’t travel to far away places. So I created an account for her on Interpals and now she has pen-pals from all over the world. She said it has given her a new lease of life and she feels more fulfilled. 🙂
5) If you could go back to a moment in your past when would it be?
There are many moments that I’d go back to – dates I’d never go on, relatives I’d spend one more day with etc. But if I had to choose just one, I would be a child again in the Summer holidays, playing with friends that I now no longer see. Those days were so much fun!
6) What items are in your bag, purse, backpack or briefcase?
My handbag currently contains – a purse, a pen, my house keys, my lip balm, a receipt from my last food shop and a Cadbury’s Twirl wrapper.
7) What cosmetic, fashion accessory or item makes you feel like a million bucks?
I rarely wear make-up and I’m not into fashion. I suppose I’d say eye-liner because it’s the only make-up that I wear.
8) What happened on your worst date?
I’ve had a few bad dates but the WORST one was when I was taken to an airport to watch aeroplanes!!
9) Who is your favourite artist (singer, author etc.)?
I don’t have a favourite singer or a favourite author but I do have favourite actors – Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio.
10) Ice cream in a cone or a cup?
I’m not a huge ice-cream fan but I’d rather have it in a cup.
11) If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
My nominees for a Liebster Award…
(Apologises if any of these people have previously been nominated by others)
1) Nataly (This girl is pretty talented at crafting and I love seeing her posts)
2) Dilyana (This is such a cool idea and I really hope that she achieves her aim in getting a postcard from every country in the world)
3) Irene (She is a very talented artist and creates beautiful and detailed pieces of art)
4) Debbie (A very talented mail artist!)
5) Kate (I love to see her snail-mail posts)
6) Mary (I love her snail-mail posts)
7) http://fripsmailart.wordpress.com/ (This is SUCH a lovely and interesting blog about being charitable by posting seeds for food that can be used to feed the hungry) (I’m afraid I don’t know the name of the blogger)
8) Linda (A great crafting blog, especially for illustrating!)
9) Jana (This blog is just stunning!)
10) Cris (I love to see the zentangles on this blog)
11) http://clockworktangles.wordpress.com/ (Such a talented artist!)
Questions for my nominees…
1) If you could describe yourself with only 5 words, what words would you choose?
2) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
3) What song would be the theme tune to your life?
4) If someone was going to play you in a movie, who would it be?
5) What is the one talent you really wish you had?
6) What is the most interesting/strangest fact about you?
7) How has receiving this nomination made you feel?
8) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why?
9) What things make you laugh?
10) Who is the most important person in your life and why?
11) If you were stuck on a desert island and could take only 1 luxury item what would you take?
Thanks again Stephanie for your nomination. I hope that the people I have nominated are just as thrilled as I was to be recognised. 🙂